ROI of WBL and apprenticeships has been designed to engage:
- Managers, staff and trainers from SMEs that already host or are interested in providing WBL and apprenticeship;
- Staff from VET providers, i.e. VET teachers and trainers, administrative staff dealing with apprenticeships, etc;
- Policy makers, representative of stakeholders, VET expert and practitioners, social partners.
Long-term beneficiaries, on the other hand, are VET learners who will benefit from the increased provision of WBL opportunities in their local/regional/national area.
The primary objectives of the project are to:
- Contribute to the sustainable investment of WBL and apprenticeships by making apparent their benefits for both individual SMEs and the society as a whole
- Develop a model for the calculation of RoI of WBL and apprenticeships by SMEs
- Design a digital tool that will demonstrate the RoI model in a visual way
- Develop a Good Practice Guide addressed to SMEs, giving guidance on how to design, implement and monitor profitable apprenticeship practices which can benefit the enterprise, the apprentice and the entire society
- Create and promote an apprenticeship-friendly SMEs badge to increase the engagement of companies in the provision of WBL
- Promote a VET – SMEs cooperation, through experimentation and validation of the RoI model